Tuesday, March 4, 2008

A lesson to learn

Before operation and Infected flesh

After operation

I’ve been through a minor operation on my toe yesterday, removing the nail. Though this is not the first time I having operation but I do feel scared and nervous. Compared to the previous two major ones that I had, this is really ‘kacang’… But hello, it still hurts.

I hit my toe a month back and it doesn’t bleed by that time. The dirty blood came out a week after that when I massaged it. And in my little heart, I thought it was ok by then. Slowly, the nail was dying day by day and yesterday afternoon, it was half peel off and is painful inside. I really do not know how to react and I as usual ask my dear… He said “Go to Dr and pull it”. And my colleague was like saying “is normal le, let it peel by itself.. Everyone sure experience that in their life”. Sounded so weird and ridiculous. So, I decided to listen to dear.

A uni’s fren dropped by when I got home so she bring me to the Dr. Two injections to the toe. I shouted in pain. Then the Dr. start doing her part but still I felt the pain when she tested using a needle. So she have to inject another dose. Ok… after 3 dose, I can’t really feel the pain but the nurses are looking for blade! Oh God… in my heart I pray that they better find it before the effectiveness of the medicine gone, or I think I will die.

Finally, the Dr. found that and she cut the half-peel nail and infected new skin away. I have to see it as she is teaching me how to do the dressing as she believe I can do it myself everyday. Horrible swollen big red toe. It was killing me few hours later when I’m about to go to bed.. Pain killer doesn’t work well on me. I was lying in pain till I fall asleep.

I’ve a week of MC but I will need to be in the office by tomorrow. The nail is still pulling in pain and uncomfortable feeling is still there but I felt better and can bear with it by now. Tiring and painful experience… I told myself “I will be more careful and never ever hit my toe again!” as this experience is so sucks. T_T

6 comments:

William said...

You should put a warning at the top of your post. People may faint. Hope you get some sleep soon.

Jason said...

OMG, it must be real hard when you hit your toe! And yes, I'm scared of operation!

Fable Frog said...

OMG! my skin is crawling!!! yikes!! hope that toe get well soon~

Little Prince said...

EWWWW!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Cheryl said...

@wil: Hmm... next next post i will give a warning then.. or else life book wanna put me in court d.

@jason: My tears flowing non-stop at that time! T_T

@FF: Yeah..better d lor!

@DH: :D