Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Answer: Why Love is Blind

Ehhhem.... answer for Why Love is Blind?

A long long time ago, before the world was created and humans could set foot on it, virtues and vices floated around, not quite knowing what to do. One day, all of them were gathered together and Ingenious came up with an idea playing "hide-and-seek". Everyone like the idea and immediately, Madness shouted "I want to count, I want to coun

Since nobody was crazy enough to want to seek Madness, all the other agreed. Madness leaned against a tree and started counting. As Madness counted, the vices and vitures ran off to look for places in which to hide.

Madness continued to shout out: "...79,80,..." By then, all the others were well hidden except for Love. Fickle as Love is, he could not decide where to hide. and this should nto surprise us, because we all know how difficult it is to hide Love.

Just when Madness got to 100, Love jumped into a rose bush. Madness turned around and shouted "I'm coming! I'm coming!"

Laziness was the first to be found as he did not have the energy to hide. Then Madness spotted Tenderness in the horn of the moon, Lie at the bottom of the lake and passion at the centre of the earth.

One by one, Madness found them all, except for Love.He was getting desprate. Envious of Love, Envy whispered to Madness "He is in the rose bush". Madness grabbed a wooden pitch fork and stabbed wildly at the bush. He jabbed and stabbed until a heartbreaking cry made him stop.

Love appreared from the bush, with both hands covering his face. Blood oozed from his eyes and trickled down his fingers. Madness had stabbed out Love's eyes with his pitch fork.

"What have I done?! What have I done?!" Madness screamed. " I have blinded you! How can I repair the damage?" Love answer "You cannot repair my eyes. But if you really want to do something for me, you can be my guide."

And so it came about that from that day on, Love is blind and is always accompanied by Madness.

Okay... that's the answer. So... what do you think ? :)

2 comments:

William said...

You're mad.

Cheryl said...

Yes!!! My dear.... :P Mad with love.