Monday, February 4, 2008

From the bottom of my heart

Growing up you were always there
Each and every day showing me that you cared
Spoiling me every chance that you had
Letting me know that is okay to be sad.

After school, you checked on me day after day
Listening to every word I had to say
Each moment we spent together
Will be special to me forever.

Twelve years I kept you in my sight
Now all I can do is hold the memories tight
The day your soul drifted high
My heart knew, and all I could do was cry.

A festive season with sorrow, I
I hide under the blanket
To find my myself in a state of distress,
I broke down into tears.

I have spent years trying to put it in my past
And in college I have come to peace with it at last
A part of my heart left with you
The part that told me what to do.

Once I became confused and lost
I went to the church where God I sought
God told me something I did not know
I have your hand on my shoulder telling me where to go.

I once thought the part of me that went with you
Was lost forever and would not be put to good use
I now realize that I never lost part of my soul
I simply shared it with you to keep me whole.

You watched over me while you were here
And I know that you will watch over me from up there
Grandpa, to me you meant the world
Now with you I can live in the world.

My love for you, Grandpa, In this festive season…
Your 17th anniversary.
I Miss you....

No comments: