Thursday, June 7, 2007

Cologne, Germany

I visited Cologne during the first weekends----- one of the oldest of the major German cities which founded by the Romans.

Day 1:
We went there by car-pooling (in Germany, you can actually online to check for car-pooling and pay less than normal fare :)) and departed at about noon. An old German man as the driver, a young guy, one couple, buddy and I shared a van to our destination. Buddy and I chat and shared our thoughts all the way. My tears fell in his arm again (Can’t really stop myself for that le).

We reached about 4pm and waiting to check-in at 6pm. However, sudden plan changed due to some circumstances, we checked in to another place at around 7pm. We showered and out for dinner around 8pm. We have dinner at a Shanghai Chinese Restaurant. Price is about 15Euro for two. A nice lady boss giving us free soup of the day! Pity us for budget traveling … haha… :P

We go for a night walk after that. New kind of exploration my life. Visiting Sex shops! :P Hmm… varieties and weird stuffs. (Please don’t ask me any details as I just rush in and out from those shops… hehe). Went for some cocktails at bars and pubs…Eye opening evening :P. Around 11pm, we went back to rest. However, can’t sleep well (Sigh…heart pain till 4am!)

Day 2:
Woke up late. We slept till around noon. Had some toast with jams and spread before out for sight-seeing. Buddy brought me to the famous German largest cathedral St. Peter & Mary (Cologne's Dom) with its characteristic spires is Cologne's landmark. Cathedral building started 1248 and completion in 1880. A very nice and gothic church that I never seen before. Impressed by this architectural monument and its interior design.

We then visited Roman-Germanic Museum which is located near the cathedral. Exhibits of particular interest is the Dionysus Mosaic The museum also displays other mosaics, Roman glass, domestic pottery and sculpture, and much else besides. The Treasury contains Roman and Germanic gold jewelry.



Later in the evening, we went for some coffee and cakes. Another new experience in my life. A nice society with nice people around. Went back home for shower and packing. Taking another trip back with car pooling with a nice German young guy named Mirco. He brought us for some photography shooting session on our way back. He is even nice enough to send us back till door step.

Wow…… a nice and enjoyable trip.

P/S: Special thanks to my beloved for 'accompanying' me during my coffee
session :)

No comments: